Ripple and its associated cryptocurrency XRP are often conflated. Yet, partnerships announcements and updates from Ripple, even when unrelated to the token, impact the price. We interviewed a Ripple employee to better understand the relationship between the price of the token and the success of the company.
Major news from Ripple seems to have a direct impact on XRP’s price. Ripple’s partnership with MoneyGram sent the price up 6.28 percent after the news. Yet, the relationship between token demand and Ripple’s institutional payment products remains unclear.
CryptoSlate reached out to an employee at Ripple for clarity on the matter. The source was only willing to speak contingent on anonymity due to reprisal risks.
Background on the XRP token
XRP was created in January of 2013 by Chris Larsen, Jed McCaleb, and Arthur Brito. Larsen and McCaleb would go on to found Ripple.
To read the rest of this article, please subscribe to CryptoSlate Research.
Join CryptoSlate Research for deep analysis, long-form research and exclusive interviews
CryptoSlate Research is an exclusive premium newsletter that delivers thoroughly researched, long-form analysis from cryptocurrency and blockchain experts. These articles will not be published anywhere else and are only available to our CryptoSlate Research subscribers.
What can you expect from CryptoSlate Research?
- Exclusive insight from renowned crypto analysts including Joseph Young, Eric Thies, Kristy-Leigh Minehan, Kate Mitselmakher, Mitchell Moos, Priyeshu Garg and others.
- Hard-hitting investigative journalism and technical research providing insight into emerging sectors and industry trends.
- Original data and visual media to help you acquire a deeper understanding of what’s really happening in blockchain.
- Advanced cryptocurrency technical analysis and market insight from professional traders and financial analysts.
- Exclusive one-on-one interviews and editorials from some of the most influential people in blockchain.
- Gain access to our private Slack where you can engage with the CryptoSlate Researchers and vote on research topics.
- All quality—no advertisements, shilling, or sponsored content.
Join CryptoSlate Research |$7.25/week
Filed Under: Interview, Research, Ripple
Disclaimer: Our writers’ opinions are solely their own and do not reflect the opinion of CryptoSlate. None of the information you read on CryptoSlate should be taken as investment advice, nor does CryptoSlate endorse any project that may be mentioned or linked to in this article. Buying and trading cryptocurrencies should be considered a high-risk activity. Please do your own due diligence before taking any action related to content within this article. Finally, CryptoSlate takes no responsibility should you lose money trading cryptocurrencies.