Ripple, ConsenSys and IOTA among 105 founding members of EC’s blockchain initiative ‘INATBA’
The International Association of Trusted Blockchain Applications (INATBA) has been legally established in Brussels on March 06. In a tweet, Pēteris Zilgalvis, head of start-ups and innovation, at the European Commission (EC), announced that the notary deed to create the INATBA was signed by 105 founding members.
City of Denver to use blockchain technology in May elections
The city of Denver is going to implement blockchain technology in its upcoming municipal elections allowing voters to use their smartphones to cast votes. For introducing a pilot program for the May 2019 election, the City and County of Denver are collaborating with blockchain startup Voatz, Tusk Philanthropies, and the National Cybersecurity Center.
Securities Commission Malaysia seeks public feedback on proposed regulatory framework on ICO and property crowdfunding
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) is seeking public feedback on the framework for Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and property crowdfunding.The regulator has published two consultation papers – one on the proposed regulatory framework for the issuance of digital asset through ICOs, and the other on the proposed regulatory framework for property crowdfunding.
Government of Argentina to invest in local blockchain projects backed by Binance Labs and LatamEx
The government of Argentina is going to invest in local early-stage blockchain projects that receive funding from Binance Labs, the venture arm of cryptocurrency exchange Binance, and Founders Lab, the Argentine blockchain Accelerator.
Deliberations on cryptocurrency regulation in final stages, Indian Government tells Supreme Court
The government of India has told the country’s apex court that the deliberations on the crypto regulatory framework are currently in the final stages, Bitcoin.com reported. The government apprised the Supreme Court of India of the latest update during the recent hearing of the crypto case last Monday.
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank to begin blockchain-based CBDC pilot
The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) has signed a contract with blockchain startup Bitt for a central bank digital currency (CBDC) pilot. The pilot will involve a securely minted and issued digital version of the EC dollar (DXCD). Starting this month, it will be carried out in two phases.
Central Bank of The Bahamas selects NZIA Limited as technology provider for digital currency provider
The Central Bank of The Bahamas has announced key technology solutions providers for its planned digital fiat currency project. The project will be carried out under the name “Project Sand Dollar” and will aim to modernize the country’s payments system. NZIA Limited has been chosen as the preferred technology solutions provider for the project.
- UK FCA explores consumer attitudes to cryptoassets in latest research
- Nomura Holdings and Digital Garage invest in blockchain security startup Quantstamp
- Crypto brokerage Tagomi secures $12M in latest funding
- Blockchain startup StrongBlock secures $4M in seed round
- Digital asset investment firm LedgerPrime raises $12 million
- South Korea’s Kakao Ventures invests in stablecoin project Terra
- NEM Ventures invests in crypto savings platform Vimba
- Blockchain startup Circle completes SeedInvest acquisition after FINRA approval
- Institutional crypto exchange LMAX Digital receives Gibraltar DLT license
- Dash Core Group lays off 8 pct of staff to weather crypto bear market
- Crypto exchange Coinbase to transition out Neutrino members previously involved in Hacking Team
- Blockchain startup SETL files for insolvency, seeks to sell subsidiary
Partnerships and Consortiums
Digital Currency and Blockchain Initiatives