Overall score: 74/100
Tested October 2019
The Canon EOS M200 is a small mirrorless camera. It comes with a 15-45mm kit lens, but there are lots of other optional lenses available.
The device has an LCD touchscreen, which flips up 180 degrees and lets you take shots from more angles, especially selfies. As well as an ISO dial and other manual controls, there are plenty of preset scene modes. These include the creative assist setting, which lets you adjust the brightness, saturation and colour tones on the screen before the photo is taken. It also records videos in 4K quality, with sound.
Available from: currys.co.uk
GHI Expert Verdict
This is a compact and lightweight mirrorless camera that was easy to use. It’s a great option for budding photographers and holidaymakers looking for an improvement on their smartphone camera. We loved the creative assist mode and thought it was especially effective at recording videos, with the image and video quality being generally pretty good. However, both suffered from some graininess and a lack of detail at times.
- Type: Compact
- Dimensions: 10.82 x 6.71 x 3.51cm
- Weight: 0.299kg
- Resolution: 24.1 MP
- Battery life: 315 shots
- Screen: 3in LCD touchscreen
- Ease of use: 4.2/5
- Design: 4.5/5
- Instructions: 3.5/5
- Performance: 3.5/5
- It comes with a strap which makes it easier to carry around with you
- The battery lasts a respectable 315 shots
- It’ll be easy to transfer photos and share photos online using the built in wi-fi and Bluetooth
- The eye detection auto focus makes sure that it accurately focuses on the human face every single time
We Didn’t Like
- There’s no digital zoom on this camera
- It doesn’t have an electronic viewfinder
- Although the 4k video looks good, it does crop the frame down
- There isn’t a microphone input to record audio through a separate microphone
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.