It has been another rollercoaster year for crypto (so far at least) and, as things stand, the market is looking in a much healthier place than it was 12 months ago.
But despite the rise in value and the prices of assets across the board, two prominent names from the world of cryptocurrency are joining forces to share the rewards with those less fortunate, in a free fantasy crypto trading contest.
YouTuber Datadash and Altcoin Fantasy have teamed up to launch the first-ever Charity Trading Competition, and are now looking for other sponsors to get involved in the initiative.
Sponsors for the contest include crypto PR company EAK Digital, blockchain giant NEO and Monarch Wallet.
Other business leaders who would like to take part and help sponsor the contest are invited to get in touch.
The contest will support four charities, namely; Ocean Conservancy, Shriner Hospital for Children, Trees for the Future and Binance Charity; and is aiming to return each of them with a healthy donation.
The event has set a target of raising $4,000 initially, and the organizers hope to see this grow as more sponsors come on board.
On top of the donations, the top 50 fantasy traders taking part in the contest will receive a share of the $2,275 USD prize pool.
Once registered in the contest, participants choose cryptocurrencies to invest in with their virtual US dollars. They can use Altcoin Fantasy’s comprehensive tools and resources to learn about different assets, and check their performance on the price charts.
The contest is free to enter, but contestants who donate $10 or more to any of the charities, will be entered into a special draw to win crypto and prizes valued at more than $4,000 USD.
They can then ‘day trade’ to increase their portfolio, or if they prefer, they can simply HODL and see how their investment performs with minimal intervention.
Traders’ performances will be tracked on the Altcoin Fantasy leaderboard, and the top fantasy investor at the end of the contest will receive the first prize valued at $750 USD.
Registration for the contest is now open at Altcoin Fantasy, and the competition will run from December 1 – 22, with the winners announced on December 23.
Nicholas Merten (AKA Datadash), said:
“We are blessed to work with so many great people in this exciting industry. We can think of no better way to celebrate our good fortune than to take time to give back to those in need. We would love to have your projects involved as co-sponsors to help raise these funds for those in need, especially during the holidays. Our hope is to raise a minimum of $4,000 USD. Should we hit that goal early, we will raise it to $5,000 USD and engage new weekly goals to hopefully raise even more.”
- We ask for a $500 USD donation – $250 USD towards prize pool and $250 USD split between the chosen charities
- If you would like to donate more than $500 USD, $250 USD will go to prizes and any amount over $250 USD will go towards the four charities. If you have a special charity that is near to your heart, we are happy to include it and put your funds towards that particular charity.
- You can offer any other “swag” for prizes to be included (t-shirts, etc). We ask that you engage your community via social media, newsletters, etc. to join in the contest to help raise funds.
- Any participant who enters the contest and makes a minimum $10 USD donation to one of the charities will be entered into a special draw for prizes that will be announced at the end of the contest. The winners of the trading competition will also be announced at the same time on DataDash’s Youtube Channel.
- Altcoin Fantasy (main sponsor)
- DataDash (main sponsor)
- EAK Digital (Co-Lead Media Sponsor)
- CryptoDaily (Co-Lead Media Sponsor)
- Altcoin Magazine
- Celsius Network
- Dapper Labs
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored press release. CryptoSlate is not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials associated with this press release. Readers and consumers should conduct their own research prior to taking any actions related to the company. CryptoSlate is not accountable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss incurred, alleged or otherwise, in connection to the use or reliance of any content, goods and/or services included in the press release. Please read our full dislaimer/disclosure statement here.